Friday 23 December 2011

What's the Matter with Me?

Dear Doctor,
I really appreciate you and the way you are giving
solution to people's problems as published in "Daily Sun News Paper" sometime ago. I am a young man of 25 years Doctor, please am having problem with my health and hope that you will help me out. In my stomach or somewhere around my left hand side,
there seems to be filled with water which often worries me a lot thereby disturbing my stomach with different reactions. whenever I make my stomach moves, at times by breathing faster, you will be hearing this water making move and gives a loud sound showing the presence of something like water. Doctor the next thing I notice is that I begin to urinate frequently and most times now, it would be as if the urine wants to come out from my dick by itself but when I go to urinate, it might only be small urine that will come out. I have consulted a doctor who prescribed some anti-biotics which I took but no any change yet. Doctor, please what is wrong with me? It is getting to six months now. Could you please tell me what is wrong with me and the medication for it. Please, I want this case confidentially treated by hoping that you will only reply me by e-mail only not to be published. Thanks in anticipation.
Brown Bolanle, Ondo

Dear Brown,
The abdominal region of the body--which you refer to as stomach-- contains many organs-- from the real or actual stomach which stores eaten food and drunk water, to the liver, the spleen the intestines the urinary bladder, the prostate, and at the back, the kidneys. A times the pain one is feeling in the abdomen is not coming from the real or actual stomach but is coming from any of these many organs; even a times in pneumonia from the lungs!! The job of a medical doctor is to ferret out the culprit among these many organs when he consults for you. He will need to conduct a proper interview on you; physically examine you from head to toe but especially in the abdomen from where your complaint originates. Then, he will need to order appropriate laboratory tests and interpret them when the results are ready so as to make a proper diagnosis; okay? Only then can treatment follow and be effective. As it is now, I can only GUESS that you have an upper Urinary Tract Infection -- maybe a chronic prostatitis-- prostate problems can feel like they originate in the belly or abdomen --when actually they are from the pelvis. Bottom line -- no one can safely say what is the cause of your woes, except to follow due diligence by interviewing thoroughly, physically examining you and lab. Testing specimens from your body. Here are six-odd conditions I would think of as I examined you if I had a chance to do so:1.Worms 2. Ulcer 3.Chronic Prostatitis; 4.Urethritis. 5.Cystititis; 6. Colitis.
I would then proceed to eliminate the ones that do not fit your consultation findings and pick the one(s) that approximate, most closely, your features. I would then treat along those lines. See a good doctor/gastroenterologist.If you want our help in anyway, use the help lines
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment