Friday 25 November 2011

How To get Him Well?

How To get Him Well?
Dear Dr. Oluranti
I read with interest your article "Aaron's astrocytoma "and it occurred to me you might be able to help. I am a retired Consultant Dermatologist and my son has been a professional with the media in UK for over eight years. About 6 weeks ago he wrote to me informing me that my grandson (13 year old academically brilliant and musically gifted) is ill and the doctors cannot put a finger to what is going on. See how my grandson described his problem below
To Grandpa,
It's Demide and I'm replying to your email. I'm missing a lot of school, my symptoms are: I have a sore throat, a bad stomach, bad headaches, heart burn from time to time, sore eyes; I always feel tired, a
very bad back and I can't always get to sleep at night. How are you any way? Hope you reply soon. Love From Demide
My son said the doctors consulted so far in London think it is post viral infection symptoms and that with time it will clear off, but instead it is getting worse. I will personally appreciate it if you can direct my son to the proper hospital to take his son to.
Dermatologist Grandpa

Sir,
As a medical professional, I salute your courage in seeking help—always get a second opinion. It can mean the difference between life and death. London is good enough place to get correct medical help. But definitely if the boy is getting worse, we must not rest. A new hospital? I think, better than the hospital it’s a new professional who will use a new approach that you really need. Especially when, as you said, the doctors are good (UK), they cannot really put a finger on a diagnosis, and they are losing the battle – the boy is not wetting well. Personally, I do not waste time—if improvement is expected in 24 hours and I am not getting it, I approach my cases with a different paradigm immediately. What paradigm? Well, you agree man is not just a body, but body, mind and spirit together. So, for the mind, I ask, “Is there a psychological angle to this?” For the spiritual, I ask, “Is there a spiritual root?” Having a high index of suspicion is useful in these cases where you already have access to the best in physical terms but you are getting unsatisfactory results. So I look holistically at the case – any mind-based problems? Anxiety? Conflicts? Stresses? You never know. This is the area referred to as Psycho-Somatic Medicine. After doing a thorough search in this domain, I know that beyond the subconscious is the spiritual or the unconscious. So, I ask-- What is the boy’s sleep pattern like? Any nightmares? What is the content of his dreams? I call this Spiritual Lab. It is real—very real. We then use the knowledge we glean to clear the case and cure the ailment; using the indicated medications all the way(for the body); adding confidence building mentorship and psycho-therapy(for the mind) and prayer which is the basis of all spiritual intervention. If you need a second opinion from us in your case or that of a relative, call the helplines.

No comments:

Post a Comment