Wednesday 17 August 2011

Uncontrollable Urination

Uncontrollable Urination

Doctor Sir,
I am a regular reader of your column. I thank you for the work you've been doing for the society. Our society needs more people of your type.Without wasting much time, I have been having this problem.I urinate a lot, and I have been experiencing serious body hot internally.And I'm very slim.I have been drinking a lot of water but I still pass a lot urine especially when I take water. Please sir, this is giving me sleepless nights. Please, advise me on what to do, because, I don't want to continue loosing weight. Also, I will like you to prescribe some drugs that can help me add weight.Please sir, for security reasons, I would be very grateful if you reply this letter through my email. I don't want it published in the newspaper.Thank you. Waiting to hear your reply.
KOO; Abuja

Dear KOO,
Diabetes Mellitus is the disease that readily comes to mind when you talk of your problems. It is easy to confirm or deny whether or not it is the cause of your symptoms. Very easy. Just ask a doctor to send you for these 3 tests: a)Urine Analysis; b)Random Blood Glucose ;c) Glucose Tolerance test. The results will tell if you have diabetes or not. Type 1(childhood onset) diabetes classically shows itself with 3 features a)Polydipsia-- too much water drinking; b)Polyuria -- too much urination; and c)Polyphagia with weight loss-- eating too much but not gaining weight -- in fact, actually losing weight! You can see that you almost fit this description. With Type 2 or maturity(adult) onset diabetes; there is usual weight--gain (not weight loss) as a predisposing factor -- not as a consequence. Of course there is the ubiquitous polyuria -- too much urination and of course, over much thirst and water-drinking. Why cannot I prescribe drugs for you to gain weight without seeing you and examining you and investigating you properly? Because there are many diseases that cause weight-loss. If you do have Type 1 Diabetes, you could just die-- yes --actually just die while taking some general weight-gain medicines that I could write for you. Die from the diabetes. You see, Type 1 diabetes kills without the use of insulin because the organ called the pancreas that produces insulin in the human being is sick --very much so -- in the diabetic; and so, does not produce any insulin again. Without insulin which helps the body to use glucose; there is too much glucose in the blood; intoxicating the brain and causing coma(and if insulin is not given --available only by injections) -- death.In the case of diabetes, if indeed you have it, treatment would not be drugs to gain weight, but appropriate management, using, of course, insulin without which death will occur. So please, hurry up and go see a good doctor today. Send me feedback.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment