Wednesday 10 December 2014

Threat of Suicide from Bedwetting




Threat of Suicide from Bedwetting
Dear Doctor,
I saw your write-up in the Sun newspaper so I decided to write you because I was moved by what I saw concerning your health advice.
Doctor, my case is why by a footballer like me, aspiring to hit it big in future is having bed wetting always. I have been seeking spiritual deliverance in so many churches, yet it hasn’t stopped and as a footballer how can I play when I am having such a big problem? You know my job requires strength and power; these I lose always with the bed-wetting. Doctor any help from you on what exactly I must do for this to stop? I have been going through trauma since 1996 till now. Is there any medical solution? Please doctor/pastor let me know before I commit suicide. I’ll be most happy to read your reply here.
Thank you and stay blessed till then
Johnjor Guregu, Aba, Abia
 
Dear Johnjor,
 
Very simply, when kids below ten struggle with enuresis and bedwetting, we attribute it to age and give them time to sort it out. It is something to do with their physical growth and development of their urinary system. Again, when adolescents in their teen years continue to bed-wet, we all should understand that there are underlying factors of psychology at play –they are struggling with some conflict or the other, maybe at school or with their peers or with whatever and we help them with deep psychological counseling and psychotherapy.
I have discovered that when adults (18 and above) like you have the problem of bed-wetting - and this problem, strange as it is, is not uncommon, the problem lies beyond the body or the physical; it lies beyond the mind or the mental; it is somewhere in the spiritual. The way to tackle such challenges is to do the physical necessary physically and psychologically but to add a heavy dose of prayer to the therapy. This we do very confidently and get results and have gotten them particularly with this condition where even urologists at the professorial level have failed. Call the helplines

No comments:

Post a Comment