Friday 26 December 2014

Excess Gas in My Belly

 
Excess Gas in My Belly
 
Dear Doctor,
 
I read a Daily Sun newspaper and saw so many problems put up to you which you gave a solution of how to solve; that was why I intended to present my case to you .This has been bothering me for long, and has been a very big problem to me which nobody will not able to observe, looking at me I'm healthy but inside I know the kind of problem I have. I've been to so many hospitals and have taken a lot of antibiotics, the lab always prescribe that I have typhoid and malaria parasite, and also stomach problem which the doctor said that I had excess gas syndrome. It has been 2 years and some months since this sickness started; I have never been myself again, and never believe that typhoid will ever last this way. Please tell me what to do cause you are the last doctor I'm writing to. I stopped taking any drugs because I tried and I found out that it weakens my body whenever I took any antibiotic.
Keriani Gaskiya
Taraba
 
 
Dear Keriani,
If your stomach is acting up with excess gas-- and the doctor called it a syndrome then maybe we are dealing with something that is difficult to delineate. A syndrome is always so called because of this --it is difficult to characterize or understand; but it is a recognized group of symptoms or challenges to health or well-being. Typhoid certainly can be the culprit. Also, chronic indigestion can do the same thing --just as the poorly understood Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). IBS means your bowel doesn’t work the right way; it can cause cramping, bloating, gas, diarrhea, and constipation, but doesn’t damage the bowel or lead to other health problems. The doctor, who will diagnose IBS based on your symptoms, may need to have medical tests done to rule out other health problems. Stress doesn’t cause IBS, but it can make your symptoms worse. Fatty foods, milk products, chocolate, alcohol, and caffeinated and carbonated drinks can trigger symptoms.
Eating foods with fiber like vegetables and fruits like pawpaw, pine apple, apple, cabbage, carrots, bananas, and eating small meals (up to 5 or 6) throughout the day may reduce symptoms. Drinking lots of water helps too. There is no medical cure for IBS but treatment for IBS may include medicine, stress relief, and changes in eating habits. You'll certainly need to see a good doctor face to face and have him investigate the IBS. Just seeing malaria parasite in the blood of anyone living in Nigeria's holoendemic area is nothing to write home about—it’s of no consequence especially if there are no accompanying symptoms of malaria
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment