Monday 16 April 2012

Unknown Disease; Help

Dear Doctor,

I have been suffering for a particular kind of sickness for close to two years now. The signs are:I will start shaking, twisting my hands, legs and be struggling. I will be biting my mouth and get the inner part of my mouth injured. People around always hold me. I will also become unconscious. It only happens to me while sleeping. I am a female by gender. Please help me out for I do not know the name of the sickness for it is strange to me – and to my parents, also. Thanks,

Dekija Peters; Yola, Adamawa



Dear Dekija,

Sorry for your plight; but it is as clear as day that what you suffer is epilepsy; full stop. The features you describe above are too classical
and typical of "grand mal" epilepsy for anybody to miss. Epilepsy can be treated treated and stopped; so do not give up hope; okay? It is also not contagious, so no one is in danger of catching it from you.However, it can kill — suppose you get an attack while driving or in the bath or in the house all alone? That is why you must secure your life and future by getting treated. Neurologists are the professionals to see. Get a doctor to refer you to one in the Teaching Hospital. Best of luck.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment