Monday 8 July 2019

I Have Banned Sex With My Husband


I Have Banned Sex With My Husband

Dear Dr,
Because we are growing older and for the sake of greater convenience, my husband and I keep a plastic container under the bed as a urinal which gets emptied by us in the morning. I have noticed that there are flaky whitish sediments in the urine when I dispose of it in the morning and I became apprehensive. I insisted on laboratory examination which showed nothing wrong. By getting two different containers, I have been able to discover that the sediments come from my husband’s urine. Again, laboratory evidence is zero. I am worried, because on google, infection is mentioned. For this reason I have stopped allowing my husband to have unprotected sex with me; I don’t want any infection. I have been demanding condoms which he refuses because to him they are ridiculous. This has led to a stalemate. Please advise me what to do. Thank you
Shirley Madumere, Enugu

My dear Shirley,
The word infection can be the cause of a lot of unnecessary scares if not correctly understood.  But t to escape the fear snare, here is wisdom. It is Sexually Transmitted Infection you want to run away from. When infection is not qualified by the phrase “sexually transmitted” there is very little to worry about. You see, the vagina itself is not sterile but contains a lot of germs (although beneficial). The astute physician knows what to treat and what to ignore, even when laboratory results show what looks like infection. This is because isolating certain germs in medical tests of urine and semen and even high vaginal swabs does not necessarily mean there is infection. Germs may be present in a beneficial relationship with the host; that is they may be living as commensals and not pathogens in the host’s system. Sediments can be present without infection of any kind. And even if true infection is present, it may be a general germ or a germ that causes only urinary tract infection which is not the same thing as a sexually transmitted infection. See a good doctor who will take time to interview, examine and lab-investigate both of you and get to the root of this. But don’t shut down the marital bed because of so-called infection that cannot be found in medical laboratory tests but exists only in the realms of speculation. Such behavior is what causes even morally upright men to stumble. Stop the sex ban. Please be wise. You can call the help-lines.
Dr. Caleb Bibbi Oluranti
08028240983; 08033466574; 08093142261; 08056697540

No comments:

Post a Comment