Tuesday 6 January 2015

What Can You Do for my Infertility, Doc?

What Can You Do for my Infertility, Doc?
Hi Doc,
l am 43yrs married for 3yrs now. My wife has not been able to conceive. We went for test; I was diagnosed of low sperm count. I now went to a fertility doctor where I received HCG stimulation for 3months with minimal effect on the semen. In fact the sperm count after the treatment was 3000000/ml with only 5% actively motive and 2.6ml volume.
He referred me to a Urologist, who subjected me to sex hormonal test. The outcome of the test is as follows:             ref value
        LH=7.5in/ml     (0-25)in/ml
        FSH=7.5in/ml   (5-20)in/ml
        Prolactin=7.5ng/ml    (1-20)ng/ml
        Testosterone=2.0ng/ml  (3.0-10)ngml.
   Ultrasonic findings conducted on the liver, gall bladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys, bladder, prostrate shows no mass, cyst, stone or abscess.
My right testis measures 33.3by 13.6mm in size with a volume of 7.9cc while left side is 31.4by14.2mm with the volume of 7.3cc.No varicocoeless or hydrocoeless seen ,no mass detected". After the above test, the Urologist treated me with some drugs(progonal). After the treatment the sperm count dropped drastically. In fact the test last 2wks shows no growth aerobically,but the cell count of 100000cell/ml with 0%active cells and 100% dead cells was recorded. As a pastor and a doctor please what shall I do? I need your urgent assistance.
Thanks and God bless you.
Sad Stephen, Sokoto
 
Dear Sad Stephen,
It would appear you have been effectively blocked from fertility from all angles -- what with your 100% dead cells and 1 million; 3 million sperm count when we should be talking at least 20 to 40 million!! But don't lose hope!! This is where a combination of physical, mental and spiritual does wonders. I remember -- as I have always said -- the man who thought I was the one who impregnated his wife!! Why? He was azoospermic -- yet his wife got pregnant so fast under our care he really had to be suspicious!! There are things you must understand -- but just remember --with God, nothing is impossible. Call the helplines. Let's get to work and by God's grace, this time next year, you will be carrying your baby.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment