Thursday 22 January 2015

Tumor Scare


Tumor Scare
Dear Doc,

I'm a 32yr old man. I like the way you solve people’s problems hence mine would not be different. This problem started way back 3yrs ago. I had this swelling at the base of my scrotum, which I came to know as testicular tumor because I went to see my doctor. Initially he placed me on the antibiotic called Augmetin, it cleared it but it reappeared again. Still I used same medication. Yet it still reappeared .Just last year the swelling was so malignant that I had it operated upon but yet it still reappeared. Please doctor what do you think I ought to do because I am very worried at I do not know what to do myself & what effect will it be on me as per making babies because  I am still single. Your response will be very much be appreciated.
Jimi Jonah, Kokori, Delta
Dear Jimi,
The word tumor can be used for any swelling but more accurately for those suspected or confirmed to be cancerous. The word malignant means "definitely cancerous and therefore killing" when applied to a swelling; okay? If your swelling responds positively to antibiotics, then it cannot be called a tumor-- are you sure your doctor called it that? --nor is it malignant or cancerous at all. Again if it responds to antibiotics, we really have no big problem at all but as it is now, we just need to be really sure. See a very good doctor or better still a surgeon or urologist who will order tests to define what it really is.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment