Thursday 9 February 2012

Too Frequent Catarrh

Dear Doctor,

Thank you for the advice you give to people in your column. I had a problem with my two nose in that it used to be congested with catarrh too frequently
(nasal congestion) I went to a nurse who suggested a lab test which I went for and they gave me ciproxin tablets with gentamycin injections. After a while again
it came back despite a brief period of relief. And I was subjected to another test and they gave me tarivid tabs that equally gave me relief, yet the problem
continued. Sir, though I’m used to taking okada(a ride on motorcycle) almost daily because of the nature of my job and in most cases after taking okada I used to witness this condition
very well. At the initial time it hinders my breath, ache in the head and sharp pain and the frequent blowing of the nose. Is there any lasting solution to this problem for me to enable me regain my health in this regard?
Thanks,
O.E.A, Lagos

Dear O.E.A,
Really!! The nurse is the cause of your prolonged problem. Protect especially your chest against cold  anywhere including on Okada by wearing a thick vest that will cover your chest properly. Avoid other forms of exposure to cold. Then you'll discover that even without antibiotics --whether cheap or costly, your health will return and be permanent.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment