Monday 13 January 2014

I'm Reducing in Size!

I'm Reducing in Size! I really appreciate your impact on the public. Well, i am a girl of 18 years and i have a problem.since the beginning of this year,i have been reducing in size. It's so bad now that my collar bones are sticking out and even my hips and breast have also reduced drastically to the extent that my clothes no longer fit me.Could it be due to my intake of too much sugar or what?Chemists have recommended blood tonic and worm expellers and i have taken them but all to no avail.i am really worried and i need ur reply fast to my email Worried Girl, Abakaliki, Ebonyi Dear Worried Girl, Reducing in size is a sinister thing; losing weight is more practical. I presume you mean you are losing weight. If you were seeing me as your doctor I would be thinking -- yes -- of Severe Worm infestation among other serious conditions some of which I will list here as needing investigation to make sure you are free from them. But no-- I will not worry about anemia -- or lack of enough blood although it is true that our people have a wrong notion that loss of weight must somehow be due to lack of enough blood. Anemia does not lead to weight loss. In Tuberculosis, the germ Mycobacterium tuberculosis eats up or consumes the patient literally -- that is why the disease is also referred to as consumption. And in HIV/ AIDS everyone also knows that the disease causes weight loss-- it is also called Slim. Diabetes Mellitus -- the type 1 or juvenile onset type definitely causes loss of weight as does Thyrotoxicosis -- a disease of the thyroid whose other name is goitre -- in which the very high metabolic rate from excess thyroid hormone produced by the goitrous thyroid gland causes the patient to lose weight. Another five conditions to make sure I rule out would be Anorexia nervosa -here the patient hardly eats anything; Malabsorption Syndrome- the very bulky and smelly stools the patient produces would give this away, and Cancer or malignancy -- here the patient manifests the three general features of any cancer-- a) anorexia- loss of appetite; cachexia--loss of weight and anemia--lack of enough blood. Severe anxiety neurosis-- psycological stress? and Idiopathic -- no reason can be found-- perhaps spiritual? - these are the last two conditions to consider. Keep this list with you as you see your doctor or us Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment