Wednesday 20 November 2019

I've Lost Interest in Sex!

I've Lost Interest in Sex! Hello Dr, Please help me. I am a mother of two. Since after my first child, I have not been enjoying sex with my husband. In fact I hardly feel like it. My guy is good. He is worried about my lack of interest in sex. I believe this is unconnected to the tie (episiotomy) I had during my childbirth. What should I use to improve my sexual life? Please help. Thanks Troubled Wife, Badagry, Lagos Dear Troubled Wife, Many women have discovered that after childbirth there is this challenge you face of no interest in sex as before. It is not necessarily related to episiotomies, but to the necessary enlargement/loosening/widening vagina that accompanies childbirth through the birth canal or vagina and loss of the tightness/control/function of the nerves empowering the area. There is a very easy remedy that can be used to reverse the loss of interest and response and it involves, among other things, a series of exercises of the pelvic muscles called the pubo- coccygeus. These are the muscles we use to stop urination. Suffice it to say that this condition is easily investigated and cured by seeing the right professionals --a good doctor/gynecologist /sexologist - who should look you up thoroughly and treat as your investigations indicate. Before you see these professionals, however, try these tips. Because the physical and psychological stress of pregnancy, delivery and nursing the baby are factors in your loss of libido, tell your husband you want and need him like before but could he please help you with caring for baby in the night when you are getting a much-needed rest? Also, keep baby from your bed in a cot by himself; that gives permission for sex. Even if there is no sex yet; let oga hold you and touch you. Plan dates to have sex; it will boost both your libidos. If oga agrees and helps and you are less stressed with the caring for baby, you soon begin to recover your sex drive.Finally, there's great big news for women. There is a new drug useful for the treatment of hypoactive sexual desire disorder in women. Flibanserin or Addyi is the name. Newly approved by US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) since August 19, 2015. Call the helplines if you want us to help. Cheers Dr. Caleb Bibbi Oluranti 08093142261; 08057441699;08028240983;08033466574

No comments:

Post a Comment