Tuesday 11 September 2012

False Pregnancy, Blocked Tubes --can I Conceive?

Dear Dr, I have a blocked tube, I have been trying to conceive for the past 2yrs and 6months all to no avail, have read about this false pregnancy I was also a victim, I stopped seeing the woman because she said I came pregnant but I still see my normal period the pregnancy is not growing in any way and she keeps telling me that am my baby is fine. I also take Dexamethasone just to blow me up. Doc, please tell me if this also affects my inability to conceive. Thank you, Ama, Abuja. Dear Ama, You cannot be taking Dexamethasone and expect things to be okay with you as it is a steroidal drug and these drugs are very delicate-- only to be prescribed by doctors- they are not just over -the-counter remedies that anybody can buy and use as they fancy; okay? I do not know that dexamethasone affects a woman’s ability to conceive but wouldn’t be surprised if it does; SO PLEASE STOP IT NOW. Now false pregnancy (pseudocyesis) is another matter. Commonly found with ladies who are too anxious to get pregnant as well as those who are too anxious NOT to get pregnant, the definition is when a woman believes she is pregnant when there is no objective evidence – either the scan or urine tests or blood test--- all are negative; yet the lady still believes she is pregnant, principally because she has a protuberant abdomen, and maybe because she has certain feelings she has associated with pregnancies before that. Certainly this has left the level of the physical and is squarely a matter of the mind, beliefs and perception. This is why I believe anyone can see that a purely physical approach to the management of pseudocyesis is inadequate. The psycho spiritual must be taken into consideration, of course along with the physical so that we have a more thorough and holistic appraisal of the challenge. Now, most medical doctors have no training in or appreciation of matters none physical. Even the psychological which should not be too far from the doctor’s diagnostic tool-kit leaves too many doctors out of their depth; not to talk of the spiritual. But let it be on record that there are cases of this nature who have been dismissed as cranks who have successfully gone on (albeit with serious spiritual intervention such as prayer and deliverance) to have the same babies that had disappeared from the radar screen of science. You will need to see us one on one; the truth is we can help you or anyone suffering like you. Go ahead and contact us and as you follow instructions, you will be pleasantly surprised. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment